Saturday, November 22, 2008

The victory WE achieved

Yes, we! Apparently, I was instrumental in President-Elect Obama's victory. In fact, Barack and Michelle sent me a letter. It arrived in today's mail. It mentions the "victory we achieved," and it says to me personally, "Jess, this is your victory."

See how important I am? :)

Okay, seriously, this is pretty smooth. For once, a letter just to say thanks, instead of another solicitation. Smooth.

It goes a bit far, closing with, "For now, please accept our deepest thanks. We will never forget you."

Of course, it's a form letter, and I've never met the Obamas. They wouldn't know me if I got hit by their limo. With that said, it's smart of them to send out letters like this. They must have sent millions of these, but his campaign can afford it. It's a good investment to maintain that positive feeling among his supporters.

3 comments:

Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

So did you get tickets to the inauguration in your letter too?

::wink::

A DC said...

That's so cool. I like the new website too. change.org

Jess said...

Pua: Somehow, Barack and Michelle forgot to throw them in!

ATG: I just hope he can get things done! We certainly have far more hope than we've had in years!