Tuesday, November 25, 2008

A fabulous meal!

As you know from the last post, Marc put lots of work into a recipe for Potato, Corn & Leek Chowder. He left the chowder in a big pot in the basement refrigerator and suggested that I have it for dinner tonight (he had a late meeting at work and is only now heading home).

He didn't have to twist my arm. After I got home, I put the dogs out, went and changed into comfortable clothes and then headed downstairs with bowl in hand to scoop out some of the chowder.


Unheated chowder in the bowl



Here's a closer look


I put the bowl in the microwave and soon was surrounded by the chowder's fabulous smell.


Here's the final product, all heated up and accompanied by a piece of potato bread


The recipe was pretty good to start with, and Marc, a wizard in the kitchen, tweaked it a bit to make it terrific. It made for a better dinner than most expensive restaurants could offer!

7 comments:

Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

That looks like perfect comfort food! Warm, delicious to both the eye and the palate.

With Marc's wizardry in the kitchen and your magical powers behind the camera...perhaps you two should submit your own expertise to Cooking Light!

Mark Floyd-Thaut said...

Your hubby is SUCH a good cook. I envy him. If you want something fried that will clog your arteries, come to me. :)

I hope you both have a wonderful Thanksgiving.

CoffeeDog said...

Mmmm, that chowder looks awesome!

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Now, I'm crazing a good new england clam chowder!

Tuna Girl said...

That looks awesome! And I was just telling someone that chowder is my all time favorite food.

Jess said...

Pua: That might take the fun out of it! ;)

Zeitzeuge: He sure is, but let's not underestimate the value of artery-clogging food, either! :)

CD: And it was!

Todd: That's a nice thought, too! Any good chowder is great on a cold day!

Tuna: Well, when you come for a visit, we'll have to make some!

A DC said...

That looks so delicious!
I hope you tucked him in proper for it! ;b