Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A classy end to this race

I'm watching John McCain's concession speech, and this may well be the classiest concession speech I've ever seen. What a wonderful moment!

This says a lot for the man who was hidden behind a campaign that really didn't do him justice. Perhaps this speech is the real John McCain who is sorry for the bitterness of the Republican campaign.

I'm happy for the outcome of this race, but I'm also proud of this moment as an American, seeing the losing candidate in a hard-fought campaign speaking so strongly for the good of the country.

Bravo, Senator McCain!

6 comments:

Cincy Diva said...

Wasn't McCain a refreshing change from the angry little gnome on the campaign trail?
I really hope Sarah get trampled by a mosse before 2012!

Tuna Girl said...

I totally agree. I was a huge McCain fan in the late 90s and was so sad to see what his campaign had become this time around (post-Palin especially). But his concession speech was what I think of as true McCain.

I had no idea how much I cared but I cried my eyes out at both men's speeches last night.

Pua; Bakin' and Tendin' Bar said...

Very classy. I'm with Karen. I was a McCain fan too, once upon a time, and was so disappointed in the change. I kept saying to my kids during his concession speech; "THAT is the man I saw before." Good for him. A gracious way to end the campaign trail.

dantallion said...

The McCain we used to know made that speech. Not the McBastard we saw during the campaign.

Jess said...

Yup. In a way, I'm glad we didn't see the real McCain during the campaign. We needed a Democrat to win, so it was better this way. But now that it's over, I'm glad the nicer McCain is back.

A DC said...

I completely agree with you. It makes me wonder who was the McCain that was running for president. He seemed so hard during the campaign.