Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Oh my God Darwin!

According to this article, there are large parts of this country where Evolution isn't being taught.

So why am I surprised when people can't read, write and perform basic mathematical calculations? If this "see spot run" level of science isn’t being taught, because school administrators and teachers are too frightened by local religious zealots, then I shouldn't expect anything else from our schools, I suppose.

I know there are good, conscientious teachers out there (like my younger brother), but those others who are complicit in this travesty should be ashamed of themselves.

1 comment:

Bruce said...

Please, oh please oh please oh please oh PLEASE don't think everyone out here in the square states are in favor of "Intelligent Design" education. Remember, there's just a slight majority of the radical right who have managed to take over so many elected positions, thanks mostly to people who vote on one issue. :-( Am I going to have to move?