Friday, February 11, 2005

No, I haven’t, and it seems rude to ask

Today’s poll on the CNN website asks, "Have you ever dated a coworker?" Well, no, I haven’t.

For that matter, I don't think I've even met anyone who has orked a cow. I feel so ignorant, but I have to admit that I don't know what orking is.

If cows like to be orked, then so be it. People should be free to go ahead and do as they please—the main thing is that the cow isn't harmed. For all I know, cows like to be orked.

To stick to their question, no, to the best of my knowledge, no one I have dated has orked a cow. Maybe MAK knows something about these things, given his fondness for cows. Even so, I’m not going to just go ahead and ask him about his affinity, or lack thereof, for orking them, and I can't believe CNN would publicly ask such a rude question!

Apparently, the deterioration of manners and civility in this society continues unchecked!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you ready for this one? Sitting down? Good.

My partner’s father told a story of a salesman that made the rounds in the valley in the 50’s, came to the family farm every so often to sell his wares and talk shop with the farmers. Well he recounted a story that happened a few farms down.

As he does every time when on his sales run, he makes his way out to the barns and milking sheds to find the residing farmer to let him know he was back in town. He rounds the open barn door to find Mr. Farmer standing on top of an overturned milking pail and with his pants down around his ankles with the tail of a cow in one hand and the other on its rump to steady himself, pistoning his hips back and forth. Well what could he do? He says after clearing his throat and shocking the farmer off his pail, “Looks like you’re hard at it.” Turns and leaves.

Talk about beef stroganoff!

Greg said...

LOL! Oh my goodness, that was too funny! You know, back in college, we used to have a saying about the student body: "Humboldt State: Where the men are man, and the sheep run scared."

Unknown said...

I kissed a girl I worked with once. But I'm a gay man and I was in the closet then, and I never wanted to kiss her in the first place.

So does that count?