Tuesday, July 06, 2004


So we made it through our last day in Seattle. We went to Pioneer Square, the one tourist attraction we hadn't visited. Yawn

This evening, we dragged the camera out to the Space Needle. I didn't get any pictures the other night, when we went for dinner. So I felt compelled to go try to get some good night shots. (Anyone can do this in the day--the night shots are the fun ones.)

After an enjoyable photographic outing (as in trip, not, "Hey world, I'm a gay photographer!"), we came back to the Sorrento and headed to their lovely fireside lounge for cocktails. While there, Marc got what may be his best Bloody Mary ever. They spiced it with a local mix called Demitris Bloody Mary Seasoning. To this, they added a stalk of pickled asparagus from Hogue Farms. Yes, it was quite the drink.

Now it's time to pack our bags and prepare for the trip home. Vacation is nice, but I'm ready to be in my home. The stress of work awaits, but that is countered with three loveable piles of fur who will be excited to see us return. All in all, not a bad trade.

1 comment:

PatCH said...

Lovely photo, as always, Jess. Looks like a giant spinning yo-yo in front of the Space Needle.

Tee hee, I said "Space Needle."

And yeah, I hear you about getting back home after a long trip. Always, always good.