Thursday, July 08, 2004

I got a semi-reprieve

Today was my first day at work after a lovely vacation. The fact that my job didn't let me get away completely (via the cell phone and one visit to the office yesterday) really didn't help me ease back into things. In fact, it was just downright depressing to go back to the office.

Not helping was the fact that we were scheduled to have negotiations with the NYS Nurses Association today. Actually, today (until late at night) and tomorrow. Ick. So I really wasn't looking forward to this being my welcome back to work.

Fortunately, I got home around 7:30 this evening. The union wasn't happy with what we had to tell them, so they had to regroup. Also, we had to do some number crunching, so the session didn't go late into the night.

So here I am, it's 9pm, and I am about to head out back to barbecue dinner. Yes, it's late, but we often eat late. It's not healthy, but it happens a lot.

So, at least I can enjoy some unhealthy burgers and hot dogs this evening. That's a good thing. :)

No comments: