Monday, July 12, 2004

Am I a good husband or what? :)

August 17th is Marc's birthday (and will also be our 9th anniversary). Each year, I try to get him something nice, especially since the day has dual significance.

Recently, he has been complaining that his pillow is no good. It is too old and uncomfortable. So I told him to meet me at Fortunoff's today after work. I bought him a couple of down pillows and told him that they'd be his birthday present. We agreed that this year's expenses (with the house remodeling, the recent trip, etc.) would preclude an extravagant present (although Marc said he was hoping for something more exciting than pillows--no matter how much fun they can be when he's perched on them). :)

Well, I really didn't think pillows were much of a gift, either, but Marc seemed to believe he'd have to settle for them this year.

I asked him to pick up dinner on his way home, so I'd have a few minutes here before he arrived. That was all I needed to prepare.

When he walked in, he was soaked, as it started pouring on the way home. He wasn't happy, so he reluctantly went along with my saying I had a surprise for him and walking him into the bedroom to reveal the pillows propped on the bed. I pointed and said, "there's your present." I then handed him a bag and said, "here, this goes with it." He looked puzzled and peered into the bag, finding some add-ons from the Apple store. Then the look changed on his face, and he started moving the pillows to find this.

He'd been wanting a Titanium Powerbook, but, when I shopped at the Apple Store in Roosevelt Field, they told me it had been replaced. I know my man and his needs, so I had a discussion with one of the helpful Apple folks and made my selection. :)

I have a happy hubby tonight (and that's a good thing)!

5 comments:

PatCH said...

I am soooooo envious. I mean, my hubby never gets me pillows!

Jess said...

Well, a gift as fabulous as pillows has to be earned! :)

Marc said...

Yes, honey, you are a good husband! The best! BTW, he always gets me nice stuff for my birthday...but this was way off the scale! Not that I'm complaining! I love my Mac!

Marc said...

Oh, and I love my pillows, too...

Bruce said...

I dunno, down pillows are a GREAT present.

But a new Apple laptop? Wow! You really ARE a great husband!