Sunday, July 04, 2004

Now why can't I win the lottery?

I don't come from a wealthy family, and neither does Marc. We do okay, but we certainly need to work to keep living a decent life. So reflecting on last night's trip to the Space Needle, I can't help but lament my lack of a personal fortune. :)

When we drove in, having put a full 2,000 miles on our rental car in the past six days, we told the valet to keep it nearby so we could head back out to dinner at the Space Needle. It was nice enough to be using valet parking!

Then I asked the lady at the front desk about parking at the Space Needle, explaining that we had dinner reservations, to which she replied, "Why don't you take the Town Car?" Town Car? Hmmm. This can't be free. "That sounds like a good idea," said I. "How much does it cost?" To which she replied with the lovely phrase, "it's free for our guests." Woo-hoo! "Oh, that's very nice. I think we'll do that," at which point she told me to contact the Concierge to arrange the trip.

I definitely could get used to living like this. The problem is that I'd be bankrupt pretty fast, if I had to spend what we've been spending every day on this trip. So why can't I win the lottery? Is that so much to ask?

No comments: