Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Dragging our asses home

Air travel has become savage. This is nothing new. The glory days of air travel were over decades ago.

No longer is it a big deal. The classiness is gone. Instead, passengers are cattle to be herded into and out of semi-clean planes.

Marc and I used miles for this trip and were able to fly first class. One would think that would be very nice. Think again! It's nothing special. I do remember when first class used to be something special--and I longed for when I had the frequent flyer miles to make it to the front of the cabin. Nowadays, there's hardly a point.

So here we sit in Dallas-Fort Worth airport, the airport so big that taxiing to the terminal takes longer than most flights. I'm enjoying the respite from the airplane, but a direct flight would have been nicer. Alas, since I was using miles, I had fewer flight choices than normal. Among those flights, none were non-stop.

Okay, I've had enough of this! "Scotty! Is that damned transporter fixed yet?!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jess, you are SO RIGHT about flying not being fun or special any more. And I still love to fly ... but it has changed, and not for the better. How sad.
- Bruce