Sunday, December 30, 2007

Where there's smoke, there's humor

Yesterday, we learned that there had been a fire this week at the home of our friends Jon and Michelle. They got out unharmed, as did their dogs. They even got their cars out of the driveway, which is good since that's the end of the house that was on fire.

When the fire was out, the fire and water damage (from the fire department) was mostly at one end of the house. The limited damage was good, but the main thing was that no one got hurt.

So what do we do? Well, this is what you must endure if you're friends of ours.

We grabbed a bag of marshmallows and two skewers and headed over there. When they came to the door, I held the stuff out and said, "oh no, did we miss it?"

Michelle looked at me for a moment and then burst out laughing. Mission accomplished!

I know, I know. I'm twisted. But my approach to adversity is to use humor. So why not extend the same therapy to friends? :)

Of course, I had to get a photo with the marshmallows outside the charred end of the house...


Jon, Marc & Michelle with the marshmallows and skewers


BTW, Marc is 6'1". So that should give you an idea of how big Jon is. He actually played for the Chicago Bears many years ago.

Anyhow, this is the kind of humor you have to endure when you're a friend of ours. All in all, I don't think it's too bad. It certainly seemed to brighten their day! :)

4 comments:

Cincy Diva said...

Love it! I work on the 8th floor of a building. It's very hard for me to do stairs during fire drills so I always try to volunteer to be a fire victim during fire drills. I would gladly lay donw on the floor and nap until the drill was over. They don't like me to attend all employee meetings

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Better to laugh than cry! Best wishes in the new year!

Steven

A DC said...

this is exactly the type of humour i appreciate...we should be bestest buds...lol. :D

Jess said...

Thanks, everyone.

ATG: Well, if you move back to the area, let me know!