Wednesday, December 26, 2007

VP with a sense of humor

Years ago, I bought a nice coat hanger to use at work. I buy nice suits, so I got a good hanger to properly support the shoulders. Last week, the hanger fell apart.

It was the end of the day, so I just tossed the pieces on the little conference table in my office and soon went on my way. Luckily, before I left, I shot a photo with the camera in my cell phone, so I could show Marc what happened...



That was lucky, because I came in the next morning to find that it had morphed into something new, and then I was glad to have a "before" photo. Here's the "after"...




A head and torso shot


I immediately showed this creation to Donna, the de facto Office Manager (officially, she's "Executive Assistant to the Vice President"), and we laughed and enjoyed it together. Then I started to wonder aloud who in the department had done this. With that, she said that she couldn't say, but she could offer one thought: "Who here has jellybeans?" (Note that the eyes and nose are made from jellybeans.)

Yes, I should have realized right away. My boss, the VP, loves jellybeans (which is amazing, considering how amazingly fit he is for a guy in his 60s).

When I saw the boss, I complimented him on his artwork. It's nice to have a boss with a good sense of humor!

Okay, it would be nice to get my first year-end review at this relatively new (8 months) job of mine and be sure of how my boss feels about me (although I think I'm okay!), but, in the meantime, I wanted to share this as an example of the kind of guy I'm working for.

The artwork has been there for a few days now. I don't have the heart to dismantle it. :)

5 comments:

Rebel Yankee said...

you should frame the photo, then you won't regret dismantling the installation!

Mary said...

What a creative piece of artwork :). Your boss sounds like a super guy.

I agree with Eric that you should frame the photo. It's a great idea!

pinknest said...

eat the jellybeans!!

merry christmas! hope you had a nice one.

A DC said...

now that's a boss i can appreciate!

Unknown said...

This post made me cry ;)