Friday, October 15, 2004

What a nice surprise!

This morning, my entire staff (except for one who is on vacation) walked into my office. When they all march in together, it usually means something bad has happened. I was braced for their telling me how upset they were about [fill in problem here].

Instead, they presented me with a Boss' Day card. It's a cute card with lots of dogs and cats on it (they know I love animals), and they had all written something nice inside.

They also bought me a Barnes & Noble gift card. Giving me a way to walk into a bookstore and walk out with free stuff (and not get arrested in the process) is a sure way to my heart! So I am a happy camper today!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

That's awesome. Happy Boss' Day (and happy bookstore shopping)!

Brechi said...

see?? they love you!!!

Jess said...

Thanks, guys. Considering the kind of stuff I sometimes have to do at work (like firing people...ick), it's nice when the people who work closest to me do something nice like this.

Carrie said...

That's great that your employees respect and like you enough to celebrate Boss's Day! At my office, it's sort of compulsory...and we certainly don't present our Boss's Day gift en masse since we're not really happy about the whole thing. What a great staff you have! :)