Sunday, October 03, 2004

Rugby!!!

Yes, I needed three exclamation points in the title of this post. Marc and I went to a Gotham Knights rugby match yesterday, and it was great fun.

First of all, I have to say that rugby is a lot more interesting and exciting than most sports. It's fast-paced fun! Also, as a guy who likes guys with nice legs, I had plenty to look at! These boys have amazing legs!

We also had the honor of being on hand for the Gotham Knights' first "Union" win. I gather that's a particular league. What was particularly significant is that this means they beat a straight team. You see, the Gotham boys are (mostly) gay, and they've been training to hone their rugby skills. So they were thrilled to soundly beat this team of straight men.

This event also let me play with my new Nikon lens. Here are a few pictures from the day...











If you want to see more, I posted a whole series of shots here. So go take a look. :)

The lighting conditions were tough, since the sun refused to make an appearance (but at least the rain held off until we were heading home). If we'd had more sun, I could have gotten even better results. Maybe next time!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Rugby "league" is little more professional and far more competitive than rugby "union" play...but I guess yeah, "union" would be the same as the league we play in although with the different definitions between those words in the rugby world it would be a wee confusin'...