Thursday, October 28, 2004

This passes for excitement in my life

Tonight, I stopped at a new business that just opened in our little town. It's called Wing Zone.

While others are somewhere in Manhattan, drinking their weight in vodka, I'm reveling in the excitement of talking on the cell phone, asking Marc what kind of wings he wants.

For the record, I've never seen such a variety of chicken wing flavors. In the end, we just went with regular Buffalo wings.

I had a choice of five spiciness levels: mild, medium, hot, hotter and nuclear. Since I wanted medium, I chose the middle of the five levels: hot.

They were a little spicy but not overwhelmingly so. More importantly, they had a nice taste. They weren't cheap, at $9.99 + tax for 15 wings. I mean, they're just wings. It's not like I got 15 hamburgers for $9.99!

I guess it was worth it. I didn't have to (and Marc didn't have to) make dinner, and we had something tasty to eat.

I know, I know. It's all too exciting to take. Yes, kids, if you play your cards right, you can be like me! But be careful. Life at this pace can be a lot to handle! It's not for the meek! :)

4 comments:

PatCH said...

You say "drinking their weight in vodka" like it's a bad thing. ;-)

Michael Vernon said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Michael Vernon said...

I didn't mean to delete that comment. I just wondered what that little icon was. Now I know.

Jess said...

In case anyone's wondering, Michael's accidentally deleted comment was:

PatCH drinks vodka?? Really?Michael: so I've heard. :)