Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Parenting: a dying art

If the girl were out alone--or with her friends--perhaps I could believe that her parents didn't know how she had dressed for the day. With a woman who clearly was her mother walking next to her, that belief was quickly set aside.

So what parent lets a teenage girl go out in public wearing shorts that say, "JUICY" in big letters across the back of them? Why not just say, "crack whore" or "slut"? Perhaps she could get a matching top that says, "I serviced my entire high school football team and all I got was syphilis and this lousy t-shirt."

JUICY?? Aside from the thought making me want to wretch, I can't help but wonder what kind of trash lets a child dress this way.

While we're at it--and I say this as someone who needs to lose a fair amount of weight himself (but knows better than to wear clothes meant for someone with the build of a fashion model)--I don't know that the sight would have made me feel any better if I were straight. Frankly, the specific girl in question should think twice before putting anything across her rather generously proportioned ass, as it invites the imagining of other words there, like "WIDE LOAD".

Sad. Pathetic and sad.

5 comments:

Matt_Sweet said...

I'm so glad that I'm not the only one who has noticed the new "Juicy" couture. Ick.

Perhaps mom could have gotten a matching shirt: "My kid F***** your honor student."

Here's a tip to parents everywhere: If your daughter owns any clothing that advertises her sexual prowess, throw it away. Seriously.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the comment at Toaster Oven! Hey - I just wanted to tell you I am going to my first ever Rugby game this Saturday (just to watch) and am so excited!! I read your post about rugby - sounds fun!

Brechi said...

I have seen those JUICY shorts on not so juicy or too juicy girls at school!!! (usually they are not the law students though)

Wayne said...

OH MY! I saw a JUICY Tank top today, on a Girl. My, she's got big....

PatCH said...

Well then, I guess I'm just going to have to hide my JUICY microshorts when you guys visit. Hmph!