Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Someone bang on the pipes!

This morning, it was pretty chilly outside. I love autumn weather, but it was a bit nippy (or "nipply" as Marc and I like to say). :)

Okay, not a big deal. My house has heat, the Explorer has heat and the office has heat--well, at least it used to have heat.

Today, I found that the office did not have heat. Did the heating equipment break? No, not quite.

So what's going on? Well, we're soon moving out of our current quarters. The new offices will be much better, so I'm happy about that (on the other hand, we'll be easier for bitchy employees to reach, but that's another story).

In the meantime, a decision was made that went something like this: "HR and Payroll are moving out of their building soon, so why should we bother filling the oil tank?"

Granted, the hospital is in a financial crunch. Even so, we couldn't have maybe 50 gallons of oil to hold us for the next couple of weeks? Apparently not.

So, being the wonderful boss that I am, I went and bought everyone coffee this morning. Now I am hoping it's not too chilly out for the next couple of weeks! I can't afford all of this coffee! :)

No comments: