Wednesday, October 27, 2004

It's the Great Pumpkin!

In case you missed tonight's eclispe, here's a photo...



I don't own a telescope, so I had to use one of my regular camera lenses. Even so, it looks pretty good, I think.

By the way, I didn't do anything to the color (no Photoshop tricks!). :) It's really that color. Apparently, the Earth doesn't completely block out the sun. It's close, but some light gets around the edges of the Earth. So the orange light that makes it around colors the Moon this unusual color.

At least that's what the people who live on the Moon say, but who can trust them anyhow?

2 comments:

Wayne said...

You know, the phase of the moon also affects men.

I wonder if that's why Paw and I were like, total animals last night?

PatCH said...

Very cool photo! The night was lovely and clear for an eclipse, indeed. You must have used the big zoom lens!