Thursday, August 03, 2006

A nice thing to see

For all the times people disappoint me, there also are the good moments. Little things that make a difference.

Yesterday, I was waiting in line to get coffee at a place near work. The guy in front of me went to pay with a five dollar bill. The owner shook his head and said, "here, this is yours," and handed him a ten. The owner then explained to the customer that he'd paid with a twenty the prior day and left without taking his change.

A simple act of honesty. Is it sad that I was so pleased to see this? Maybe my view of my fellow human beings has sunk a bit low. Well, whatever the case, it made me feel a bit better about people in general.

2 comments:

Greg said...

I don't think being pleased at this is sad. What is sad is how rare random acts of kindness are in this day and age.

Wayne said...

Ah... the guy behind the counter has really good memory.