Thursday, March 17, 2005

Well, that was a good day

This morning, I went to the interview I mentioned in my last post. I was interviewed by the Director of Talent Acquisition (this is a BIG hospital network, so they have such people). The interview lasted a little over an hour and seemed to go well. I say it "seemed" to go well, because I'm never sure. It's hard to tell what people are really thinking. I know I have a pretty good poker face when I'm interviewing a candidate.

Anyhow, this afternoon, I got a decent indication that it went well. There was a message on the answering machine, telling me that they want to set up another interview, this time with one of the VPs. Yay! This still is a long way from a job offer, but it's certainly a positive step. I had a second interview (actually, round of interviews) at another potential employer over a month ago, and nothing ever came of that (although the headhunter says I'm supposedly still in the running), so I'm not getting my hopes too high.

Even if this isn't the one that leads to a new job, it's encouraging that they want me back for a second interview. I take such things as a sign that everything will be fine. If potential employers think I'm worth a second look, then it's just a matter of time until one of them decides I'm worth hiring. Of course, it's just a matter of time until the sun explodes. The real question is, how long? :)

Another encouraging thing today--I was asked to go into Manhattan for an interview next week. So that's another possibility.

Oh, and yet another--someone I've worked with in healthcare HR (someone who runs a placement and consulting firm) suggested that I might be a good candidate for a position at a hospital in the city. He then had one of his placement guys call me and go over some of the details of the position. That evening, an e-mail arrived, asking me to take a test called the "LSP". Um, okay. So I click on the link and find that the test is over 350 questions!

It's one of those things where you choose one of five answers from "Strongly Agree" to "Strongly Disagree" to various things. Stuff like, "I often lose my temper at work" and "I consider myself an active person" and (many) other questions,. When my colleague and I spoke a few days later, I busted his chops about sending me the test. He laughed and said, "hey, we're high tech nowadays!" Anyhow, he said that he got my results from the LSP, and I "did very well." He said they can't share specific scores, but he sounded impressed. More importantly, they were sending my information on to the client. So that's another possibility.

Needless to say, in light of all of this news, my hopes are high. Keep thinking good thoughts for me, kids! This unemployment is scary shit, so I hope it ends quickly!

4 comments:

Sam said...

-fingers crossed-

Matt_Sweet said...

I had to take one of those tests once, but the company (Wal~Mart) administered it in person. They asked me, "Do you ever hit people for no reason?" And I replied, "No. There's always a reason."

Anonymous said...

Back for another round ay? They just wanted a closer look at those lovely legs of yours.
Good lucky mister man,
k

Andy said...

I took one of those tests once! They asked me so many times, in so many varied ways, if I ever thought it was okay to hit someone that by the time I was done, I wanted to hit someone!