Monday, March 28, 2005

A culinary master

Yes, my food skills are amazing. Today, Marc said he'd meet me at the new house for lunch. I was cleaning and arranging things over there, and Marc--not being unemployed (unlike yours truly)--was at work.

I pointed out that we had some of his wonderful chicken stuffing (from the other night) in the refrigerator. The chicken, on the other hand, was vacuum sealed and frozen, so it really couldn't be ready for lunch (there just wasn't enough time to deal with it).

So I came up with the perfect solution. "Hon, just call and tell me when you're on your way, and I'll zap the stuffing in the microwave. You'll have to pick up the chicken on the way."

Marc asked where I wanted him to pick up chicken (the food type--get your minds out of the gutter!), and this is where my culinary genius comes in! "Go through the McDonald's drive-up on the way and get McNuggets!" I clearly heard a groan from the other end of the phone, followed by chuckling.

Yes, they always laugh at the geniuses! But a fine lunch it was! :)

3 comments:

PatCH said...

Oh no! Such sacrilege in the new house! Tsk, tsk, tsk. ;-)

Greg said...

You could probably make a fortune with a cookbook on how to incorporate leftovers with fast food. St8 men everywhere would be clamoring to buy one!

Jase said...

That is hilarious.

And exactly what I would have said.