Thursday, October 20, 2005

Winter's on its way

The weather was wonderful today. Sunny with a beautiful blue sky and a few clouds. It was cool and comfortable.

On the way home, I was reminded that it won't last. As I sat listening to an audiobook, I gazed out a window of the train at the sky. There I saw a large formation of birds (and they really do fly in lovely formations, bless their hearts). They were heading south.

The cold weather is coming. They know it, I know it, you know it. So let's enjoy the lovely weather while it lasts. If the winter is as wild as the summer was, we may be in bitter cold and covered by several feet of snow before too long.

2 comments:

Wilde said...

It WAS a great day - and now I'm lookin' for an Ark...

epicurist said...

Thanks for reminding me the cold onslaught is near. ::sigh::