Saturday, October 08, 2005

Nicole?

This is Nicole...



Nicole is a great white shark (named for Nicole Kidman, apparently, but let's not even get into that).

I started reading the story about Nicole, because I found it interesting that scientists had tracked her swimming halfway around the world. I didn't know sharks migrated that far.

Actually, it seems that not all do, but some, like Nicole, apparently will swim 12,000 miles. In fact, she didn't get out of the water for a break even once! ;)

Then I was thinking about the name. Nicole. Nicole the Great White Shark. Well, that's different. Of course, we named our eldest dog Bernice, so Nicole the shark works for me.

Her name brought a smile to my face. I suppose I wouldn't smile so much if she were biting me in half, but the name sounds cute from here!

3 comments:

teh l4m3 said...

Makes me think of the movie "Dead Calm," even though there were no sharks in it...

Todd HellsKitchen said...

Yes, she's the first known great white to swim half way around the world and then to return back to her original destination. It was always believed that great whites were nomads wandering around the world without pre-planned destinations...

Quite cool, eh?

Cheers,
Mr. H.K.
Postcards from Hell's
Kitchen

And I Quote Blog

Jess said...

Very cool, H.K.