Sunday, October 16, 2005

A nice fall day

Early this morning, we took our weekend guests to LaGuardia Airport, sending them back to their home in the Midwest. It was a beautiful day, so I threw the camera into the truck before we left.

On the way back, we stopped at a little parking lot outside of Fort Totten. I walked around a little, as Marc, my ever-loving tireless helper, helped me exchange lenses, while I tried to get a nice shot of the Throgs Neck Bridge.

I shot several photos, including this one...


Click here (or on the photo) for a larger view


After that, we went to Costco, then back home where we had some lunch. Later, we went shed shopping. That didn't work out, because the place where we planned to shop was closed.

Half a year in the new house, and we still don't have a shed. Believe it or not, we've been held up by trying to find just the right shed. Not just any shed will do! :) Still, winter is coming, and we'd like to have the outdoor equipment--particularly the snow blower--somewhere more accessible than behind piles of stuff in the garage!

After shed shopping, we came home for a nap. Then some quality time reading the Sunday papers, and now I'm watching The West Wing.

Really, we could have done just about anything today. When the fall comes and cool breezes blow, with scattered clouds spread across a blue sky, my requirements for overall happiness are minimal. As I'm typing this, Marc is opening windows to let the cool air into the house. I love it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I get the riot act when I open the sash and let in the fresh air from the fall days. "You're freezing my milk duds off, close the damn windows". Ugh hasn't he heard of sick house syndrome? The right shed? Holy lord you guys are such bumpkins, slap a couple of sheets of plywood together with some grabber screws and call'er good. Beers all around :)
k

Wilde said...

Beautiful shot, beautiful day.

Thank God for a few sweet weeks of Autumn between the globally-warmed days of summer and the "milk dud-shrivelling" (hi, Knotty) winter weather.