Saturday, January 22, 2005

Snupdate

Round one of the snow seems to be tapering off. I went out and did another blow job, and I found that a fitting on the arms of the snowblower has disappeared, so I improvised something for now to hold it together, but it's time for another trip to the repair shop.

In the meantime, our driveway and walks are clear, as well as the sidewalk in front of our house and those of our neighbors on either side. I just took a nice, hot shower and feel a bit better, but I'm sure to sleep well tonight.

Thank God I don't have to shovel anymore (except the front steps which the snowblower, of course, can't climb). Before the snowblower, it was torture; of course, back then, we didn't clear as much of the walks and driveway--we'd only do what we had to.

If you're wondering, I'd say we've gotten about six inches of snow so far, with a lot more to come later.

Well, actually, since I'm posting on the Internet, I probably should revise that to say we've gotten eight-and-a-half hard, throbbing inches of snow. ;)

Just for the record, if I never saw another snowflake again, that would be fine with me!

No comments: