Saturday, January 22, 2005

A busy 24 hours

Last night, we went to a lovely party at the home of Rice Cake and Anthony. Rice Cake, formerly known as Michael (and apparently dubbed "Rice Cake" by someone who wrote Anthony's and Michael's names in Chinese for them), invited over several friends for drinks, hors d’oeuvres and some light food. This included bowls of chili, made by Anthony, and guacamole found at a Spanish Harlem store. It all was wonderful.

I brought our little camera and took a few pictures. This isn't my favorite shot of Marc, but I love the mischievous look on Wayne's face...



Then there's this picture, a rice queen's wet dream...



Today, I continued my mediation class. These poor, deluded people think they will be able to continue the class around 11am tomorrow. We shall see, but I have serious doubts. Some of them are getting there by mass transit, while I saw others driving small cars.

I have a four-wheel-drive SUV, so I can get there, but it won't be particularly safe even for me. For the others, I don't see it happening. Even so, I will check by phone in the morning (as they're supposed to put a message on their voicemail if they still plan to try to hold the class) and may try to attend if they are silly enough to try to get it done.

After class today, it was all about the blow job--you know, with the snowblower. Also, we went over to the "new" house for a few minutes. One nice thing is this...



I know... so what's the big deal? It's a room cluttered with the contractors' equipment. This is true, but what the picture can't show is that this room was once only useful in the warm months. Now, it's fully insulated and has brand new windows and its own heat zone, so when we walked out there, it was nice and warm. If the house were done already and we were living there, I could be lounging out there, sipping hot cocoa and watching the snow fall. Unless I was in the living room enjoying a nice fire in the fireplace. I can't wait for the new place to be done, so I can make these important decisions! :)

2 comments:

Jase said...

Rice queen's wet dream? That's great!

Hey, I look hot! lol!

And a meditation class? eep, gotta shovel snow now.

Wayne said...

Is it the lights? Or I'm really really "Dark" looking.

I must be the rough expired brown rice.