Wednesday, January 26, 2005

Blue Pearl

I'll let my Bokey get into more details when he is ready, but I have to say something about this myself. The granite counters just got installed in the kitchen of our new house (to which we have yet to move, by the way). I wanted the granite called Blue Pearl. Marc liked it, but I think he preferred another color. He went along with Blue Pearl because I liked it--and that says something, since the kitchen is really his domain.

Anyhow, we went out east to see the slabs before they cut them, and we loved what we saw. Even so, now that they are cut, polished and installed, they look AMAZING. Now, we've seen blue pearl in all kinds of shades--which is why we insisted on looking at the slabs before accepting them for cutting, etc.--but this is the most gorgeous shade of blue (as opposed to many slabs that look very gray). Also, it has LOTS of mica pieces in it--that's what gives this type of granite its special look.

You'll all just have to see it when you come to the housewarming party. :) The place is really starting to come together!

The "new" house is my family home. When my Mom died, Marc and I decided to buy out my brothers, sell our current house and move there. Before that, however, we are literally gutting the place and updating it from top to bottom. I think she'd be happy with how it's turning out. Also, this will make it our house, and that should be good for me emotionally.

In closing, let me thank all of the wonderful people who sent me cyber-hugs and good wishes on the anniversary of losing my Mom. I can't tell you how much that means to me. Thank you, all!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My partner and I have been building on our house for years. 14 to be precise. Since we are both artists and have no mortgage we build as the funds become available. Sure its a pain in the rump to not have certain things finished but its getting there. But now it looks like the pottery studio will get a huge facelift and be a real hive for classes, more kilns and glazing lab. It comes as it comes. This was land that he had bought just out of high school although it has become our land and home through a lot oa butch work I never thought I was up for. Ever heard of a hod carrier? I've blown insulation and done some electrical. Maybe I should be the first gay Bob Villa.