Monday, December 20, 2004

My kind of doctor

I'm watching the Food Network's show Unwrapped. They were just talking about Salisbury steak and the fact that it's named for Dr. J.H. Salisbury.

Dr. Salisbury advised his patients to eat beef three times a day and believed that two-thirds of a person's diet should be made up of beef. So that led me to wonder how long this 19th century doctor lived.

Through the wonder of the Internet, I found some biographical information, from which I learned this: "Dr. J. H. Salisbury, 1823–1905"

82 years? In the 1800s? Hmmm. Pretty good run nowadays, let alone back then!

Maybe I should give this diet a try! I'll admit it has an appeal. :) If nothing else, just for fun, I should tell my doctor about this and add that I put myself on Dr. Salisbury's diet. That should get his attention!

No comments: