Friday, June 01, 2007

This one takes some thought

Will tagged me with this, and I had to think about it for a bit before I could post my answers:

* List 5 reasons why you blog about the things you blog on your blog.
* Choose your 5 tag ‘victims’ and tag them nicely
* Write a comment on their blog letting them know that you tagged them.

So here are my five answers:

1. To be one of the cool kids. Not really a reason for my blog's content--more a reason for its existence--but it's an overarching reason for all of it. Never having been with any of the "in" crowds in school, I think I see blogging as a way to get to know interesting, fun people I might not otherwise meet. In school, I had my photography as a way to meet people--I got to know plenty of hot jocks, because I'd shot photos of them in games--and this seems like a nice way to meet other interesting folks (although usually with less carnal thoughts than the aforementioned jocks caused).

2. As a place to vent frustrations. Whether these are frustrations with work--or, on occasion, the lack thereof--or with family or anything else, this blog has let me vent in as non-destructive a way possible. So you'll see occasional posts where I'm just ranting about someone or something. It beats making Marc listen to all of it!

3. You'll see my photography on here every so often. I put photos on here to share pieces of my life and to share the photos themselves. When they're travel photos, they serve multiple purposes, including sharing the joys of travel and updating my friends on where we've been. When they're rugby photos, it's so you can enjoy the fun of watching athletes perform, and that's especially exciting with our gay hotties on the Gotham Knights. With all of the photos, whether they're travel photos, rugby photos, dog photos or anything else, I also like to hear when people like them. So that's certainly part of it, too!

4. Politics. I've always had an interest in government and a love for my country. This has driven me to voice my views on current events and politics whenever possible. A blog provides one more outlet for my venting.

5. This is a place to share personal developments, and it's a very efficient way to bring a number of friends up to date at once. Back when we were gutting and rebuilding this house, I could share updates on that. When something happens with the dogs, here it is. If it's some charitable work we're involved in (speaking of that, there's still time to sponsor a kid for the gay prom), then we can talk about it and encourage involvement. Even if it's just a recap of what we did over a weekend, I can share it here with ease. I guess the bottom line is that this is a very efficient communication tool.

I'm now supposed to "tag" five other bloggers, but I just don't have the heart. So if you read this and want to answer the same five questions, that would be great. In fact, please leave a comment here and let me know that you're doing it. I'd love to read your five!

No comments: