Friday, November 03, 2006

Doogie's gay?

I had heard speculation about Neil Patrick Harris being gay, but I expected the standard denials or no comments. Instead, he has come out.

I know I'm not the first blogger--nor will I be the last--to mention this. I comment on it first to compliment Mr. Harris (because I'm sure he reads my blog) on standing up for who he is, and, second, I again feel happy that it's getting safer every day to come out.

Yes, we still have a long way to go, but things are getting better. I really believe it.

7 comments:

MattInTO said...

Between Doogie, George on Grey's Anatomy, Mark Foley and Pastor Ted Haggard, everyone's coming out! Next my mother will be calling me to tell me she prefers the company of women...

MattInTO said...

Oh, and the pastor admitting he hired the male prostitute for a "massage" but didn't have sex with him is the equivalent of Bill saying "I didn't inhale..." or "I..did..not..have...sex...with...that...woman." One doesn't hire a male prostitute for a massage without also expecting the happy ending. At least that's how I see it. ;)

Tuna Girl said...

I always liked him. Figures he's gay, right? Score one for your team. ;-)

Jess said...

Matt: What I love is that, in his sick world, it's better to be going to buy meth than to admit to liking boys!

Jess said...

Tuna: we can get him drunk, so you can at least play with him a little. ;)

liquid said...

I always kinda thought he was gay...very cool that he took the high road and just admitted it. Now it's not going to be 2 years of gossipy speculation and paparazzi. Instead, the story will go away pretty much immediately.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know he'd come out...!

I saw his naked fanny in Broadway's latest version of Cabaret a couple years ago!