Friday, October 27, 2006

Hmmm

Sitting near me on the train this morning: a man with a laptop, working on a Word document called, "Space Novel.doc." I can see that the screen abounds with proper names beginning with the letter Q and replete with apostrophes, as all good sci-fi novels must, because alien planets tend to be overrun with Qs and apostrophes. That's how you know it's realistic writing!

This makes me wonder if he's:

1) A fabulously wealthy sci-fi novelist.

2) A wingnut who'll never get anything of his read, let alone published, and who secretly fantasizes about using his phaser to vaporize the M20 bus.

3) Either way, doing better than the nearby guy in the leather jacket who's using his time to type this blog entry! :-)

Okay, I have to fess up. I'm the one who wants to vaporize that always-late M20, but that's another story.

Happy Friday, everyone!

No comments: