Saturday, January 28, 2006

A short trip to the state park

Deidre is visiting us this weekend. We took her to lunch and then stopped at Robert Moses State Park. There were other people who had the same idea. I guess a day in January when the temperature gets well into the 50s gets a lot of people out of the house.

Apparently, the deer who live in this park by the beach, on the western end of Fire Island, also decided to come out and enjoy the weather. Some of the people had brought food (apples, carrots, etc.) for the deer (despite signs asking that people not feed them), and I guess the word had gotten around the deer community.

With the deer being friendly today, I didn't even need a telephoto lens to get a few decent shots...














The real reason the deer came close to us (no, we didn't feed them)



My lovely companions


By the way, both of the people in that last photo are wonderful singers. I knew Marc could sing, but I didn't realize that Deidre had such great pipes! Wow!

10 comments:

MzOuiser said...

I still can't believe I was belting out Babs tunes in your kitchen. That's one for the ages!

Michael Vernon said...

I am going to keep to myself what would have happened to those pretty little deer had they been spotted in Kentucky. Of course, *I* don't participate in those activities. Anymore.

Jase said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend! Hi Diedre and Marc!

Anonymous said...

I thought that deers were afraid of humans, but apparently those ones aren't. Nice photos!

epicurist said...

How adorable, the deer and the companions.

Tuna Girl said...

You get the best houseguests! And I think I have those same sunglasses. 8-)

dantallion said...

Beautiful shots.

Will said...

As I remember, the deer on Fire Island are so numerous and so "tame" that they've become a major problem, destroying gardens and defoliating a lot of the island.

But they look so sweet in yout pictures.

PatCH said...

What pretty pictures of the wild deer and what pretty pictures of the wild dears.

CoffeeDog said...

More bloggin' friends! Nice deer pics too