Saturday, January 07, 2006

Relaxing

Friday did turn out to be a long day, but it was worth it. After months of negotiations, we reached an agreement with our RN union for a new collective bargaining agreement. Without getting into details, it's an agreement that's unique in New York City, and it should serve both the hospital and the nurses well.

In other good news, while I was at work yesterday, our new shed was delivered. So we now have a home for a lot of the stuff that's been in the garage since we moved. Today, Marc, Aaron and I loaded up the shed.

In other boring news from around here, we had the chimney sweep out this morning. The fireplace chimney got swept, the furnace chimney was checked but didn't need cleaning, the two chimneys got new stainless caps on top and the cement on one got fixed. Yeah, the bill for that added up. As I told Aaron, to paraphrase an old Army ad, "we spend more money before 9am than most people spend all day."

After that, we did our duty as red-blooded homosexuals and went to see Brokeback Mountain. What a depressing story. It also seemed longer than it needed to be. Heath Ledger's acting was quite good, but I wouldn't give the film a rave review. I don't like depressing stories anyhow (real life is depressing enough), but I still can appreciate a good story even if it is depressing. It's not a movie I'd see again, but I guess I'm glad I saw it. If nothing else, I want to help show that good stories can be successful, even if it involves two men kissing on screen.

I guess that's about it from here. The three of us had a nice dinner out, and now we're watching 9 to 5. All in all, not a bad day.

1 comment:

CoffeeDog said...

Love the quote "We spend more money before 9am than most people spend all day"

I LOVE my shed, just wish it was farther back in the yard. It sits a bit too close to the house, it ruins the feng shui of the yard in a way.