Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Ooh, that smell!

Would you believe that the City of New York (at least, according to their 311 representatives) has no rule against cabbies smelling like homeless people? I got into a cab yesterday, and (if I had thought fast enough) I should have jumped right back out.

Instead, I was treated to body odor so strong that keeping both back windows open and freezing my nuts off was the only way not to puke. When traffic slowed or we hit a red light, it was horrendous.

You know it's bad when you pray to be overcome by a massive attack of noxious flatulence, just so that the air will smell better!

In all my years--and I'm a lifelong New Yorker--I've never filed a complaint against a cabbie, but it was that bad! Well, actually, I still haven't filed a complaint. I tried, but they told me dirty cabs are against the rules, but they couldn't find anything for dirty drivers.

So, instead, I wrote to the head of the Taxi & Limousine Commission and said it should be against the rules. I'll let you know if I get a response.

Oh, and if you happen to read this, Mandeep Singh, License number 5190960, expires 3/11/07, Medallion number 4M27, you're disgusting! If the fact that you're nauseating the people who pay you isn't enough to make you shower and wash your clothes, then how about the fact that your presence on the streets is reinforcing stereotypes regarding turban-wearing cab drivers? Do you at least care about that? Disgusting man.

2 comments:

CoffeeDog said...

I hope you didn't give him a tip!

W said...

i think i've ridden in his cab before...lol