Saturday, January 14, 2006

Every time we come here (or so it seems)

It doesn't help that Marc's mom's birthday is in January, so we frequently visit at this time of year. Actually, I've been down here for plenty of warm days. Still, it seems like it's been years since I've been to Atlanta and not needed a coat.

When we landed this morning, it was 39 degrees. By this afternoon, with the help of the sun's warmth, it had gotten to a toasty 35. Yes, 35. The temperature dropped! By late this afternoon, it was 37 degrees.

This is ridiculous. Head south and freeze anyhow? Lovely!

I hope everyone's having a nice weekend (and staying warm)!

4 comments:

Andy said...

Um, not to melt your snowman or anything, but it was 60 in New York today.

Jase said...

It's the apocolypse here in nyc.. how else can you explain 60 degree weather turning into 20 degree with freezing rain in a few hours?

Have fun!!

Jess said...

And now I see that it snowed back home. Somehow, that makes me feel much better about the temps here. :)

Anonymous said...

I love Hotlanta in March. God 60 degrees and lovely. I love the trees there and the old neighborhoods. And the gay town WOO HOO
hugs and safe travels home.
kb