Tuesday, November 08, 2005

An electoral confession

Sometimes... oh, how do I say this? I guess I should just say it...

Sometimes I vote for Republicans. Don't hate me! I'd never vote for one of those hate-mongering, right-wing Republicans. For that matter, I'd never vote for candidates because they're Republicans. In fact, a candidate being a Republican makes me hesitate.

Nevertheless, there are times when Candidate Number One is a decent guy (or gal) and Candidate Number Two is a USDA-certified Grade A asshole, despite the fact that Number One is a Republican and Number Two is a Democrat. When push comes to shove (or to "pull", as in the voting machine lever), I vote for the better candidate. Yes, a candidate being in the GOP does give me some concern, but it's not the only measure of a person.

I wish the GOP would go back to being somewhat libertarian and in support of fiscal conservatism, as I seem to recall they once were. I also wish the Democrats had the balls to stand up and say, "'liberal' isn't a bad word!" These two parties, as they now stand, just aggravate me. *sigh*

Anyhow, today I voted for a few Republicans. These are people whose records I know, people who've done good things for the community. Their opponents are worthless. So I think I did the right thing. I just wish they weren't in W's party.

2 comments:

Andy said...

I voted for Bloomberg.

Windyridge said...

Here here!