Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Today

My Mom would have turned 70 today. She was taken from us far too soon.

In her honor--city kid that she was--I'll share some New York City trivia. Specifically, a little bit about the subways.

For anyone who has wondered about the maintenance of the subways in New York, and why it's so tough to keep things looking good, I share the following. The NYC subway system has 468 stations, 660 miles of tracks on 27 different lines and carries 4.5 million passengers a day.

I hope that was at least slightly enlightening. Writing something that even began to do justice to my Mom would take ages, so I'll just leave you with some useless trivia instead.

(I miss you, Mom!)

2 comments:

MzOuiser said...

Such the mensch. I'm sure t. is right. And I love NYC trivia. Much love to you.

CoffeeDog said...

My mom is 75 and still going, I'll miss her terribly when she goes. Your Mom is indeed looking down and is probably very proud :-)