Thursday, July 28, 2005

Three bucks?

For the first time in almost two months as a commuter to Manhattan, I managed to leave enough time to stop in Penn Station before getting on the train to visit one of the shoeshine stands/shops in the station.

There's now a shine on my shoes so high that they almost could be used as mirrors. And the price? Three dollars! Can't beat that! (Well, five dollars, I guess, since I gave a two dollar tip, but it's still a bargain.)

I love this. A great shine on my shoes, and I don't have black polish under my fingernails! :) If I have the time tomorrow, I'll have to stop and get another pair done (I have more than one pair, so I can alternate day-to-day; they hold up better that way, since they get to dry off and have their shoe trees in on their off days).

Yes, I live an exciting life, don't I? ;)

3 comments:

Jess said...

Glenn doesn't have a blogger account, so he e-mailed me this comment:

There's also that guy at the Eagle. I don't know how much he charges, but I know that he also does a serious polish with his crotch.

I'm not sure about his tip.

CoffeeDog said...

Shining shoes is a must in the military, mine were like glass. I still take care of my footgear, but not like the Army days. You re right, you have to let shoes rest :-)

TCho said...

I used to enjoy shining my own shoes because I found it somewhat therapeutic. But you're right, when you can find someone to do for $3 (or better yet $2, which is what the buy in my office bldg charges), why do it yourself?