Wednesday, September 29, 2004

Ooh, baby!

I was driving back from a meeting a little while ago, not paying too much attention to the radio, when I heard some mention of something/someone possibly "going to blow." They also said something about the possibility of an eruption. Of course, I was intrigued.

So what was this about? Perhaps a secret video of Jude Law and Dean Cain going at it? Sadly, no.

Rather, it seems that good old Mount St. Helens may be getting ready to go off again. As interesting as this is (and I admit I'll be glued to the TV if an eruption does occur), I was really hoping for a Jude-Dean connection.

Now, for our serious moment, I have to note that just yesterday I saw a news report, stating that the "experts" considered the possibility of an eruption remote. Now they've raised their status level for the volcano to "Level 3" (apparently, the second highest level--the Code Orange of volcanoes). So it seems that volcanologists and meteorologists have about the same level of accuracy (and/or guesswork!).

I wonder what these guys get paid. If it's good money, I think I'll go apply my best thoughtful look to some seismograph printouts and then declare my opinion of whether St. Helens will blow (or, for that matter, whether Jude and Dean will hop into the sack). :)

Oh, one last thing. On an unrelated note (except that I think he should be made to sit on top of St. Helens if it's going to erupt), this man is a prime example of why we need a new President. Otherwise, more like him will be federal judges for years to come! Just imagine it, a Supreme Court packed with the likes of Scalia.

No comments: