Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Hanna recap

Yes, I know this is three or four days late, but I have a couple of photos from the visit of Tropical Storm Hanna. We didn't get much wind out of her, fortunately, but there was a decent amount of rain. Not the worst I've seen, but it was a fair amount of rain. The most impressive thing was the humidity. It really was a tropical storm, and it reminded me of why Florida isn't on my list of potential retirement locales.

The outside of the sunroom door shows just how humid it was outside:



When the first bands of the storm came through Friday night, we lost power for about half an hour. I have no idea why, since there was minimal wind at that point, just heavy rain. Even so, it went out, and I was very happy when it came back on. If it had stayed out, there would have been no air conditioning, and the humidity would have been torture!

It was hard to get a shot of the rain, but here's a glimpse of what was coming down:


Looking out the breezeway, next to the sunroom. Click on it for a better view of the rain.


All in all, it wasn't a big deal, and, for the record, if we never get a major storm up here, that would be fine by me!

2 comments:

Greg said...

It is a challenge to get good storm photos, isn't it? Yours are pretty good, though...I love how we both found completely different ways to show the humidity in advance of the storm.

Thanks again for your words of encouragement and support. The new adventure is going well...

Sooo-this-is-me said...

Maybe your little dog scared most of it away! ;)