Saturday, March 17, 2007

This and that

So the weather sucked around here for the past day or two. It didn't snow. That wasn't snow. It was ice pellets--sleet and/or freezing rain (is there a difference?)--and a lot of them. Nasty stuff. It meant scraping the car repeatedly. Marc's car broke one of its windshield wipers, the poor thing. So we took it to Gus today. Gus is an automotive magician, and his prices are reasonable. He's been the family mechanic for ages.

Not surprisingly, Gus had it fixed in no time and charged almost nothing. That's why his shop is always flooded with business.

So what other exciting things did we do today? Well, let's see.

Marc put some ice melter on the walks early today. Then late this afternoon, once the ice melter, together with temps slightly above freezing, had softened the ice up, I broke it up and Marc shoveled the pieces aside.

I know, I know. The excitement is too much! ;)

As if that wasn't enough, we went back to the car dealer so I could fill out lease paperwork. Ooh, so exciting.

On a serious note, I do like that the salesman spotted our rings the first time we came in and always has treated us as a couple. Today, he asked whose name we wanted the car in. As backward as I know this country can be, little things like that give me hope. I can't imagine this type of reaction from any car salesman (at least here in suburbia) just a few years ago.

We also went to a restaurant today to buy a gift certificate for my cousin's 60th birthday, and we went to Toys R Us to buy our nephews some presents for their upcoming birthdays.

I guess that's about it from here. Hope you're all having fun this weekend!

No comments: