Monday, March 19, 2007

That is one fugly plane!

I like airplanes. I always have. I've long admired the graceful lines and majesty of the Boeing 747. Another favorite was the Concorde. That was a gorgeous plane. I'd see it flying into and out of JFK. It looked like a giant bird of prey.

On Saturday mornings, when I was a kid and went to work with my Dad, we'd watch it fly over the store. It was a thing of beauty.

So what's the newest arrival to our skies? This Beluga Whale with wings...


The Airbus A380


What the hell? The thing was even built in France by a multi-national consortium. France! Stylish, artistic, classy France was the birthplace of this monstrosity!

For crying out loud, could they have made it any uglier? I guess the company name Airbus is a warning. They're bringing all of the class and style of a bus to aircraft design.

This thing may carry more passengers than the 747, but it's just not in the same class. Ick!

6 comments:

Cincy Diva said...

speaking for all the beluga whales of the world...eat krill! LOL
I don't think it's that ugly. It's nice and shiny!

pinknest said...

i think it's cute actually!! i want to pet it. *pet pet pet*

dantallion said...

It looks like it's having an allergic reaction to something.

Cooper said...

That's unfair to Beluga whales, which are far more beautiful creatures! That thing is BIG!

Tuna Girl said...

It does look like a beluga. Good call.

Jess said...

Dan beat out my Beluga idea. An allergic reaction--now that's good! :)