Saturday, March 17, 2007

I almost forgot

I should have mentioned this in my last post...

If Jet were alive today, she'd be 43 years old.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, JET!

Sadly, Jet's in heaven now. But I guess she's with Mom and Dad, so that's good. She always thought Dad was the best thing ever. All dogs felt that way (and so did lots of people). My Dad had this amazing power. Not just with dogs. Lots of animals were drawn to him. It's like they could see his goodness and how he cared for them.

Anyhow, Jet was our dog when I was growing up. She was older than me, but she never held that over me or tried to boss me around. I appreciated that. :)

Jet was part Labrador and part Terrier. In essence, she was a small black lab with a pointier snout than a Lab and a wee bit of (charming) insanity. :)

I loved her dearly, but she didn't make it to her 43rd birthday. So I'll just have to hope she knows I'm wishing her a happy birthday--which it probably is, because Dad's probably sharing Vienna Finger cookies with her, as usual.

2 comments:

Cincy Diva said...

GC has that talent. Macy, who passed last year adored him and now, so does Toodles

Cooper said...

What a wonderful tribute. Made me cry a little. My Molly is the joy of my life. I'm sure even in heaven, Jet misses you.