Thursday, March 15, 2007

I'm so excited

The car has been ordered. It's on a ship somewhere in the middle of the Atlantic right now, but it should be here with us in a few weeks.

2007 Volvo S80
Oyster Grey Metallic paint
Anthracite Black Leather interior

A few key options:
-Premium Sound System (5 x 130 watt amp, 12 speakers, 6 disc changer, Dolby ProLogic II Surround, iPod input, etc.)
-Front & rear parking sensors
-Interior Air Quality System (shuts out harmful gases, filters pollutants, etc.)
-Climate Package (Heated seats, Heated windshield washer nozzles, Rainsensor wipers, High-pressure headlamp cleaners)

Now that may not seem like much in the way of options, but we didn't need to add much. The car comes very well equipped. Almost everything I'd want is standard, and, of course, the safety features are very impressive. But then it is a Volvo.

We took two test drives, so each of us could drive it. The ride, handling and comfort of the seats (oh, those Volvo seats! I've missed them!) are all wonderful!

In closing, a couple of photos. Just picture Marc and me on one of our beloved weekend day trips...



6 comments:

Andy said...

Hmmm...that's nicer than the car I have waiting for me in Oregon, a '93 Mercury something-or-other sedan, cement gray. My mom says it looks like a government employee's car, and she's right. Bo-ring. It was Grandma's. (She's still around, we just don't let her drive.) It's 14 years old and has 50,000 miles on it. Whoo! Alas, no a/c.

Michael Vernon said...

Well, I guess not everyone is fortunate enough to have a pickup truck. So enjoy the Volvo!

Jess said...

Andy, you're welcome in our car whenever you like! And when you're out west, I'm sure there are plenty of great guys (with nice cars,even) who would love to give you a ride, so to speak. ;-)

Harlis, we can't all be quite that lucky! :-)

about a boy said...

thats one pertty car.

Jess said...

aab: Thanks! I sure think so! :)

Shenida Weave said...

So you bought the S80... good for you!!! I miss my S60 sometimes... and it's definitely because of those Volvo seats... haven't found better seats in any other vehicle on the planet...