Friday, August 27, 2004

YES!!!

As I mentioned before, the Joint Commission survey (inspection) is, to say the least, a challenge to hospital administrators.

My area, human resources, has many responsibilities that are tracked and tested as part of the process. Today, I faced one of the big hurdles: a meeting with one of the surveyors who checks what training we've been doing, questions how we ensure that staff members are competent and fully trained to do what they need to do in order to provide patient care, checks the completeness and accuracy of our files, and reviews any number of other things.

As an old friend and colleague said to me, "HR always gets hit for something." Well, NOT THIS TIME!!! :) I am so happy. Even with some screw-ups by the Nursing Department that threatened to tank the meeting, I managed to pull it out of a nosedive. I know I'm bragging, but it really went great. Best of all, the big bosses know it.

So, a week full of stress (union negotiations, JCAHO survey, bouncing payroll checks (another story)) has ended very nicely.

To thank several of us for our work, one of the big bosses took us here...




I had a lovely Malibu rum & Coke. Then Marc and I went out to a great dinner tonight. All in all, a tough week but a lovely ending.

2 comments:

Bruce said...

Congratulations!! I'm glad all the headaches paid off.

Jess said...

Thanks, Bruce!