Wednesday, August 25, 2004

Give me a break, people!


Yet again, traffic on the Southern State Parkway was a mess the other night. It dragged and dragged. When I finally got to what was slowing everyone down, they weren't rubbernecking a hideous accident or Dean Cain doing naked jumping jacks on the shoulder of the parkway. Nooooooo, it was something terribly rare. Nothing you'd see too often.

A State Trooper had pulled a car over. Okay, and what else? Nothing else! I have to have a long commute home because someone was speeding? People, please!

Is it a fear thing? Do they all think the cop may change his mind and come after them instead?? Like the cop will be in the middle of ruining the day of guy he pulled over and then look up and decide he likes someone else's car better!

"Hey, that other car is dark green. I hate dark green! Ever since Aunt Etta was killed when that case of frozen spinach fell on her, I vowed to eradicate dark green objects wherever I found them. Sir, you may go on your way. I need to go pull over that other motorist, instead, and shoot him."

People, the cop is busy already. You may safely drive past him! He's not going to do anything! More to the point, can't we at least go fifty-five? If he scares you, just obey the law for that brief moment, but I don't see the need to slow to an absolute crawl! Geez!

1 comment:

PatCH said...

I can't believe you brought up Aunt Etta.

*sniff* We miss her so.