Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Quick! Someone lash me to the mast!


Oh, the temptation! It's just not right. I've been dieting for months, taking it slow (the smart way, I think), so I don't want to make any major missteps.

So what does the Dietary Department send us for our JCAHO prep meeting? Lunch, including lovely brownies (a lot lovelier than my cell phone's camera can show here). Like the Sirens calling to Odysseus, I felt them drawing me in.

I resisted temptation, but it's not easy, especially now. These are days of major stress, and my crutch is food. That's always been my crutch. Some people drink, some smoke... I eat. Well, at least I resisted! :)

3 comments:

Michael Vernon said...

Some of us eat, smoke AND drink!

PatCH said...

Michael, uhm, we don't smoke *these* kinds of brownies.

Bruce said...

Oh, you wanna be lashed to the mast, regardless. You know you do.