Sunday, October 26, 2008

Crappy photos of a nice day in the park

This morning, we put the dogs in the car and headed for a park on the south shore. We were going there to participate in something called "Paws for Parkinson's." It was a 1-mile walk to raise funds for the American Parkinson Disease Association. The saddest part came when I met the dog of someone Marc knows from work. It's a Chinese Crested Hairless, and, from the way it was shaking, I think it had the disease!

Okay, okay, I'll behave. I just had to get that out somewhere. Those are the oddest dogs.

Anyhow, we didn't bring a camera (not even the little one we take to parties and such), but it was a lovely day and I felt the need to do something to record the event. So I used the camera in my cell phone. Let me tell you, as you are about to see, this thing is majorly craptastic!

After registering, we took the dogs to a picnic table, where we could sit and wait under the trees. The kids spent some time checking out other dogs and then settled in, getting in touch with their forest-dwelling ancestors...


A view from the picnic table



Another view



Dodger watches to be sure all of those dogs behave



Marc holds Bernice's leash



Princess Mandy


As you can see in that last photo of Her Labradorness, each of the participants was given a little I-don't-know-what-it-was (faux orange spider?) as a collar decoration and identifier as a registered participant. Well, let me tell you, whatever that thing is supposed to be, it looks fabulous on her! You can't really tell in this photo, but the orange on her black fur is lovely!


Mandy checks on me



A view of the starting line



Other participants start to gather


The day went well, and I think the kids had a good time, although this was a lot of excitement for them! I don't think the walk itself was too tough, but all of that time out in the trees and all of those other dogs made for a very exciting and tiring day!

3 comments:

Greg said...

Was the sky really that blue? Not bad for a cell phone. I hope the walk went well and raised much money.

A DC said...

Those aren't bad for cell phone photos at all!

Patrick said...

I'd say you did quite well with the cell phone. I especially liked the first shots of the Autumnal trees.