Wednesday, February 20, 2008

The weekend of three Patricks (and a Greg)

We've had a nice long weekend. From Friday night until Sunday afternoon, we were in Vermont with Patrick (a/k/a PatCH) and Greg. In this case, "we" included Bernice, Mandy and Dodger. It was our first time traveling with them. We had some difficult moments, especially on the drive up, but it went well in the end.

On Monday, we had a visit from this Patrick. It was our first time meeting him, and he's as charming, bright and entertaining as his blog and e-mails had suggested, if not more so. We had a wonderful time, and I think he had a decent time with us and the kids. I sure hope so! We can't wait to see him again!

Then we met this Patrick last night to see the new Broadway show Passing Strange. Let me take a moment to urge everyone to go see Passing Strange. I'm not much of a fan of musicals, but this one was great. It's a sort of rock musical, but I don't want you to confuse it with Rent. It's different. Someone better versed in such things could give a better explanation of its genre and strengths. I'll just say that we all were blown away. By the time we walked out of the theater after the show, my hands hurt from clapping!

Now back to the Vermont part of our weekend. Patrick was working on his portrait photography. He gave us a CD of photos he had taken, and I may share some of those eventually. In the meantime, I had photos on my camera.

Here are ones I took of Patrick and Greg...


PatCH



Greg


I took the ones of Marc and the kids. Marc took the ones of me. (And thanks to PatCH for the extra lights on Marc and me.) So here is a sampling of the ones Marc and I shot...


Dodger in a serious moment



Dodger laying a claim to the hot tub



A view from the deck



I LOVE this shot of Marc



As mentioned above, Marc took this one of me, as well as the next two





I like my smile in this, but I could live without the scarf (a prop Patrick put on me--he was shooting at the same time as Marc)



Patrick & Greg had some dog toys on hand, and Mandy fell in love with the one she's offering to Patrick in this photo



Bernice found one soft piece of furniture very suitable for her evening relaxation


So there you have it. A fun-filled long weekend and some photos, and you even got a few of me. That's unusual around here! I just hope I didn't scare anyone! :)

4 comments:

Cooper said...

I'm jealous. THREE Patricks! Could you at least spare ONE of them? (The one who does a rockin' elf dance, please.)

Oh, and nice pics, you guys.

CoffeeDog said...

Nice photos, looks like you guys had a great time. You had all three girls in the car? Must have been a zoo in there :-)

dantallion said...

The photos are absolutely fantastic. (As always!) Thanks for posting them.

I'd be curious to know what part of Vermont you go to!

A DC said...

Nice pictures! What a handsome bunch!