Saturday, May 06, 2006

Look at that S-Car go!

Yes, I did it. I ate snails. I figured, when in Rome Versailles, etc...

They had escargot on the menu as an appetizer, and I'd just read that they're really just a vehicle for transporting garlic butter to one's mouth, so why not?

They weren't bad, but I'm not in a rush to try them again.

As for the rest of this leg of the trip, it has gone very well. The train trip from Geneva to Paris via TGV was lovely. The French countryside had Marc's mom enthralled. The next day, we took her to the Palace at Versailles, and today it was the Louvre, Notre Dame and some shopping.

We spent way too much money, but we're having a blast. Also, the food, not surprisingly, has been wonderful. I'm not normally into salads, but I am when I'm here. All of the vegetables are fresh and delicious, and I love them! If the stuff we buy at home (or got in restaurants) tasted like this, I'd eat salads all the time.

Anyhow, Marc is bitching at me about how much this Internet connection costs (the hotel really is screwing us on this, and there's no Internet cafe near here), so I'll sign off.

More when I have a chance!

2 comments:

MzOuiser said...

I always liked Escargot, but really, it's all about the sauce.

Miss you!

Bruce said...

Never had escargot ... but I have had sea cucumber. It was like eating a pencil eraser, only with less flavor.